Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Personal Statement

I am interested in applying for an athletic training position at Avera Marshall Wellness Center, and would like you to consider me for a member of your staff. I have always been involved in athletics and would like to pursue this field as I graduate from high school.

From my past experiences in hockey, volleyball and softball, I have learned how to encourage people to do their best. Taking on the role of a team captain for three consecutive seasons, I have the ability to recognize the different ways people interact with society. My understanding of team sports started over 10 years ago when I began hockey. I know it is much easier to accomplish goals and dreams when others beside you are pushing you to your limits. This is why being an athletic trainer would be appropriate for me.

I am a hard worker with a positive attitude and I am never willing to give up. My past coaching experiences lead me to believe this is the perfect job for me. I love being around people, and being able to help them accomplish their goals. I have excellent listening skills, along with honest motivational skills that would assist me in this career.

I appreciate your time in reading this letter. I hope to meet with you soon to further discuss this great job opportunity.

Sincerely,




Sara DeSaer

1 comment:

Phil said...

(4) you did a very good job on your personal statement. you portrayed yourself in a very positive way. you might want to add a few more things but all around it was very good.